Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello, Weight Watchers!

I'm not leading any meetings this week, so I'm taking a break from the formal blog, however I have some Thanksgiving inspiration to share. :)

Thanksgiving Choices
I could eat everything
I could gobble it down
My pants would get tighter
And I'd wobble around

This year at Thanksgiving
I will do something new
I'll write in my Tracker
And I'll choose Filling Foods too!

I'll enjoy my favorites
But will keep portions small
I'll keep myself busy
When the food cravings call

A day of poor choices?
It's just not worth the cost
And at next week's weigh in
I'll be thankful I lost.

Author Unknown


Think - "I am a weight watcher."
Have a vision.
An anchor can keep you on track.
Next week - be sure to weigh in.
Keep an eye on your portions.
Stick to your plan (but first have a plan).
Green is good.
Interrupt food with water.
Vow to make good choices.
Invite someone to take a walk with you.
Navigate the buffet wisely.
Give someone who supports you a word of "Thanks".

Have a great week, everyone!

Cyndi

Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence.

--Erma Bombeck

Candied Sweet Potato with Pineapple
Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup)
POINTS® value per serving: 2


1 spray cooking spray
◊1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
8 oz canned crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 Tbsp sucralose no calorie sweetener
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.

2. Place potatoes in prepared dish. In a small bowl, combine crushed pineapple, sweetener and cinnamon; add to potatoes and toss until well mixed.

3. Bake, stirring after 30 minutes, until sweet potato mixture is bubbly, about 45 minutes.

Recipe adapted from WeightWatchers.com

No comments: